Selling a business can be the most significant transaction of most peoples lives. However it is not like selling other assets, in addition to achieving the best value, there are a broad range of issues to consider in the disposal process, such as:
- Is now the right time to sell
- Are there any ways to increase the value
- When will I get the money
- What do I need to do to prepare for the sale
- Will the buyer look after the staff
- Could the management buy the business
- Will the consideration, if deferred be secure
- What will the legal process involve
We will work with you to consider all of the above and ensure:
- The business is in the best possible condition for sale
- That you generate interest from all potentially interested parties
- That you market at the most appropriate time
- That the sales process is managed to ensure it is as straightforward as possible to limit any impact on the business
The emotional involvement in a business can have as significant an impact on this process as value and financial issues. We work closely with all stakeholders to ensure the process producers a positive outcome.
If you are considering a sale take advantage of the Mackenzie Spencer free, ready for sale, workshop.